Vertical stabilizer coming together

Next instruction was to deburr the edges of all remaining parts in the VS, so I did that, then clecoed the parts together and drilled the common holes (had to use the long 12" #30 drill for the front sections). This is now starting to look like a proper vertical stabilizer:


Lots of little bits to deburr:

Before
After
From my research (and mostly luck of finding that one piece of text), I also found that many builders dent their skins by not trimming the front corners of the VS skeleton parts, so I trimmed about 1/16" off with the saw (curving around the edges), then used the file to smooth it out.

As usual, here's a time lapse (better camera position this time):



Total vertical stabilizer time: 13.8h
Total workshop time: ~22h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts