|Aileron trim attachment points in right torque-tube-to-bellcrank pushrod|
The servos and pushrods will then be connected by springs.
For securing the servo wires, I used a Panduit RAMH-S6-D attached through the same screw as the servo:
|Aileron trim servo connector attachment|
This will keep the wires away from the moving side of the servo and can hold a connector in place. For the connector, I picked a mini AMP CPC 5-pin (1445820-1, 1445829-3, 1445856-1) which has pins for the 26-gauge servo wires (770985-1, 770986-1). Those pins are 26-22 AWG, so I can just 22 on the other end and not have to deal with tiny wires.
|Mini CPC for aileron trim servo|
Crimped all the pins (it was slightly annoying, since the pin edges do NOT sit flush on the wire end of the crimper when the pin is this small), slipped on braided sleeving and some heat-shrink (just in case):
|Aileron trim servo pins crimped|
Inserted the pins into the receptacle and closed it up:
|Cable coming out of aileron trim servo, with connector|
Shell size 11 is small, but not that small (unfortunately shell size 8 only takes up to 4 pins, and I needed 5).
|Full connector/receptacle pair atached to aileron trim mount|
(and, for my own record, the pinout I used was 1,2-power; 3-green, 4-blue, 5-orange)
With this, the only thing left on the aileron trim is actually installing it in place and wiring it to the AP servo, which will come much later.
Total aileron trim rivets: 16
Total aileron trim time: 8.1h