Tailcone mod chemicals

Over the last few months, we did some small tailcone mod tasks.
We used Clickbond CB9120s for running conduit through the tailcone:
including one vertically at the bulkhead to run the pitch trim/ELT cable down:
Vertical wire bundle attachment in place

Vertical wire bundle attachment for trim motor / ELT wires

Conduit attachment brackets in place along tailcone
More recently, since the sealant I purchased was getting close to expiration, we attached the NACA vents and static ports with sealant:
Applying sealant to NACA vents
NACA vent clecoed in place with sealant
NACA vent clecoed in place with sealant
Static port clecoed in place with sealant
Riveting those will have to wait - I was using a borrowed compressor which I had to return, and I won't get a new one until we're settled in the new house.

Time lapse:


Total tailcone time: 220.9h
Total tailcone rivets: 1826

Building paused (for a good cause)

This is not the usual airplane-building post. The good news is that I've bought a house!!
This means several things: it means that I've spent the last month doing copious amounts of paperwork, that I'll spend the next two months preparing to move and moving, and most importantly it means that I can't afford to order the fuselage kit right now, so the building is paused for the time being, and I'll post just a few videos that I already had in the queue.

 It also means that I'll have a larger garage for working on the RV though, so stay tuned :)

Popular posts